22.10.15

Ugandan Ginger Tea


When I was living in Uganda one of the most comforting recipes I learnt to make was a simple ginger tea. Sometimes this is termed 'chai' or 'milk tea' - and it is great for aiding digestion and adding some calm to your day.

Ingredients:
(per cup)

1 cup milk (fine to use your preferred non-dairy choice)
1-2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger

Combine the milk and ginger in a saucepan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. The longer you simmer the stronger the ginger flavour.
Strain and pour into your favourite mug.
Boom.






2 comments:

  1. Yum Bridget! I wouldn't want to strain the tea to make it as strong as possible - what do you think, would that make it too strong?

    A recipe like this would be a great memory to bring home from Uganda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, oh yes absolutely you could leave the ginger in. I'm a big fan of ginger - so strong is still good in my opinion haha!

      Delete